This FREE Pencil Skirt Pattern is for a lined skirt with two darts on front and two darts on back. The waist is finished with facings and it has an invisible zipper and a slit. The pattern is available in US Sizes 6-14 as a pdf and can be printer in a home printer.
The length of the skirt can be adjusted. The pencil skirt can be worn as a mini skirt, above the knee, at the knee, or below the knee.
1/2″ seam allowances are included in the pattern.
Complete this form to receive the MHS Pencil Skirt Free pattern through email.
- Set your printer preference to print full size and use standard printer paper (11 x 81/2″). Print the first page only and measure the 3″ x 3″ test square to verify the print accuracy.
- If the printer settings are accurate, print all pages. The pattern has 10 pages (including the Test Square).
- Cut the pages on the red line, align the registration marks until they form a whole pattern and tape the pages together. The picture below shows the pattern layout.
- Select your pattern size based on your hip measurement from the table below:
|Waist||23 ½||25 ½||27 ½||29 ½||31 ½|
- Adjust the pattern length to your desired length on the dashed line labeled as Lengthen or Shorten Here.
- Cut out your pattern pieces. Once you have aligned the pages together, ignore the registration marks and cut right through as necessary. If your size is different for the waist, blend your waist and hip measurements using a curve ruler.
You can use your skirt sloper to adjust the pattern to your measurements.
Below are some pencil skirt examples from Pinterest:
Classic and Work Appropriate!
Pretty in polka dots
Show your legs with a mini skirt
Layer lace over your mini skirt
If you’re sewing along, I’d love to see and share your pencil skirts! Please share if you’d like, by tagging me on Instagram (@myhandmadespace) or on Twitter (@MyHandmadeSpace). You can use the hashtags #mhspatterns and#mhspencilskirt. If you are not on either of those, you could always email pics to me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Join our MHS Sewing Facebook Group and share pictures of your skirt progress. You can also ask questions! we all like to help each other.
If you would like to participate or follow along, please complete the form below!