If you are looking to update your kid wardrobe, the Harem Pants Sewing Pattern should be in your list. This pattern was published for FREE in A Joyful Riot and is available as a pdf download in sizes NB to 4T.
- 1/4-1/2 yard of jersey fabric
You’ll find step by step illustrated instruction in A Joyful Riot
These pants are very easy to sew and your kid will look amazing! I hope you like them.
Sewing with Knits:
Sewing with knits can be tricky at the beginning, but once you learn the basics it is even easier than sewing with woven fabrics. Below are some tips:
- Cut with a Rotary Cutter.
- Use Ball Point Jersey Machine Needles
- A Serger will make your job a lot easier, but if you don’t have a serger you can use a zig zag stitch.
- Use Stretch Twin Needles for the finishing (hem and sleeves)