This Free Lingerie Pattern is for a luxurious slip with a bias cut skirt and lace bodice. It is a quick and easy to make and is a great project to start sewing lace and bias cut garments. Pattern instructions are included with the pattern (separate download file), but there are also step-by-step instructions in a sew-along hosted by Patterns Scissors Cloth. The pattern is available in sizes 8-14.
Choose a fabric you can wash, you don’t want to send this piece to dry cleaning.
- silk satin
- silk crepe de chine – wash very well
- some good quality polyesters are also suitable for this project
- polyester Georgette – wash well ,easy to sew, and comfortable to wear
- Cotton on the bias grain can also be used
- Use soft laces. Some laces are designed for the outside of garments or have beading, thoese are not good options for this project because they will not be comfortable.
- Most laces come in black, white, or beige colors but you can experiment dying the laces.
- Thin Pins
(keep them separate from your regular pins)
- Applique Scissors
– they have a wide blade to protect one layer while cutting the lace.
The free lingerie pattern was published in Patterns Scissors Cloth. The pattern is available as a pdf download and there are 20 pages to print.
- cut pieces on the bias
- To cut, put a piece of tissue paper underneath your fabric
- press seams open on a Seam Roll
I hope you like it!