Sew a stylish Heidi Foldover clutch with this FREE sewing pattern from Swoon Patterns. This pattern is very easy to make and can be sewn in in leather, faux leather, cotton, or cork.
This fold-over clutch bag pattern comes in two different sizes – one as a clutch bag and a smaller wristlet option with strap.
- Small Wristlet: 9″ wide, 6.5″ tall
- Large Clutch: 11″ wide, 8″ tall
I love this version from Sincerely Jen:
- 1/2 yard 44” wide quilting weight exterior fabric
- 1/2 yard 44” wide quilting weight lining fabric
- Scrap (12” x 10”) of vinyl fabric or cork (optional)
- 1/3 yard fusible fleece interfacing
- 2 yards fusible woven interfacing
- One 18mm magnetic snap
- Two 11” zippers (I would use Nylon Metallic Zippers)
I made this one using Boston Red Sox fabric, jean, and red marine vinyl.
I also modified the pattern to make a fold-over clutch with a straight edge. The nylon metallic zippers are a great option for this project. Sign up below to receive 20% OFF your first order of Nylon Metallic Zippers.
This clutch is a great bag to sew and it can be sewn by beginners. The style of the bag depend on the fabric that you use. Below are some Heidi Foldover clutches that I found on social media:
A versatile, foldover style, that is ideal for both casual and formal events. A magnetic snap holds the shape of the bag, folded perfectly in place, and a concealed back zippered pocket keeps your small items secure. Optional vinyl accents like a bottom overlay and zipper pulls add a polished look to an otherwise simple and classic bag. Click Here for more info & photos
Did not print to full size