The Ellie Travel Case FREE Tutorial was published in Fabric Mutt. This case makes a perfect cosmetics or toiletries bag and doubles as a cute little purse for a night out. The final size of this bag is 7.5″ square, 4.5″ deep.
(2) 7 1/2 x 12″ cotton print for the exterior main panel
(2) 5 x 12″ linen for the exterior accent (I would use faux leather or cork)
(2) 12 x 12″ cotton print for the bag lining
(2) 12 x 12″ fusible interfacing to reinforce the lining (I would use Pellon SF101)
(2) 12 x 12″ batting to reinforce the exterior (I would use By Annie Soft & Stable or Bosal) – I would use Eva Floor Underlayment – it is cheaper and doesn’t crease as the Foam Interfacing does – give it a try!
(2) 2 1/2 x 13″ linen for the handles
(2) 2 1/2 x 13″ fusible interfacing to reinforce the handles (again, Pellon SF101)
(2) 1 1/2 x 3 1/2″ linen for zipper tabs
Nylon Metallic Zippers are great for this project. Sign up below to receive 10% OFF your first order of Nylon Metallic Zippers.
Step by step illustrated instructions are included in the Fabric Mutt Tutorial
Have fun sewing this cute bag,
The link is NOT working. Coming up “page not found”.
Thanks for letting me know! I fixed the link.