Pokémon Go app was released recently, it has been downloaded over 15 million times—potentially making it the fastest growing mobile app ever. My kids are obsessed with this game and the costume is becoming very popular.
I found the Pokemon Go costume tutorial in Ginni di page because she included a link to one of the free patterns posted in this blog. Her tutorial shows you how to make the different pieces of the costume:
- how to decorate the shoes using plain black shoes from Walmart,
- how to add a band to basic black leggings,
- embellishing a baseball hat,
- how to make the gloves by adding ribbons and cuffs,
- how to make the belt using gray strips and the buckle using foam,
- also how she made the complicated pieces: the romper and the jacket. She draped her pieces on her dress form but she included a drawing of the design a links to patterns that can also be used.
To mimic the Pokemon trainer, you can add a grosgrain ribbon around the neck.
Link to Pokemon Go Costume Tutorial
In the game, the Pokemon Go trainer costume comes in different colors. Ginni Di used blue, yellow, and white but you can use the colors of your trainer. Below are some examples.
This Pokemon Pokeball bag is another option. I found the tutorial for this bag in the Sewing Report blog.
Have fun making this costume! I know your girls are going to love it. It is also a great Halloween costume or maybe just to have fun playing around.