This Tote Bag Free Pattern is for the “For Pleat’s Sake” tote bag. This tote bag is for a lined bag with pleated details and a curved top edge. The tote bag has a slit on the sides and is finished with leather handles.
How to Make a Tote Bag?
The free pdf pattern was published in U-handbag. There are no pattern pieces, the pattern include 7 pages of step-by-step illustrated instructions that are very easy to follow. The pattern is basically a rectangle and the curvy top edge is formed with 6 evenly spaced pleats. The pleats are topstitched with contrasting thread and give this bag a stylish look.
• 3/4yrd (3/4m) Iron-on interfacing
• 3/4yrd (3/4m) Fusible Fleece
• Lining fabric and matching thread (quilting cotton)
• Exterior fabric and matching thread (quilting cotton or linen)
• Disappearing fabric marker
• Bag straps. You can buy the straps or make your own.
Have fun using prints and bold fabrics and use contrasting thread for the topstitching on the pleats and to sew the handles. The leather handles make this a very stylish tote bag and I love the pleated details! I hope you like it!
Share pictures if you sew this bag, I’ll love to see what you are making.