The tight leggings FREE pattern was published in the Finish website Nosh and is available in sizes XS-XL. This pattern is for a basic pair of leggings and you can customize it for many different looks. Use solids, prints, add cutouts or combine fabrics to make a unique pair of leggings
- 1 1/2 yd Knit Fabric
- 1 yd elastic (1 1/2″)
1. Fold leg, right sides together and sew inner leg seam. Sew the other leg in the same way.
2. Nest the inner leg seam right sides together and sew the crotch seam.
3. Sew the waistband right sides together.
4. Turn the waistband, wrong sides together, and fold it in half. Insertthe elastic in the waistband. Place the waistband around the waist leggings, so that
waistband seam is aligned with the center of the rear crotch seam. Sew the waistband.
5. Hem the leggings using a twin needle.
Sewing with Knits
Sewing with knits can be tricky at the beginning, but once you learn the basics it is even easier than sewing with woven fabrics. Below are some tips:
- Cut with a Rotary Cutter.
- Use Ball Point Jersey Machine Needles
- A Serger will make your job a lot easier, but if you don’t have a serger you can use a zig zag stitch.
- Use a Stretch Twin Needles for the finishing (hem and sleeves)
This pattern is very easy to sew and you can wear it in many different ways. I hope you find it useful.