Notice: Undefined index: plus-sharedcount-enabled in /home/adelgad4/public_html/wp-content/plugins/simple-share-buttons-adder/php/class-buttons.php on line 670
Notice: Undefined index: bar-sharedcount-enabled in /home/adelgad4/public_html/wp-content/plugins/simple-share-buttons-adder/php/class-buttons.php on line 672
Sew a Moxy inspired tulip dress with this tutorial tutorial from The Felted Fox blog. The Moxy dress price tag was $140 and Nicole was able to make her version with just $15 and 2 hours of work.
The tutorial shows you how to sew this cute dress in knit fabric, but you can experiment with other fabrics, colors, and skirt lengths.
- 2 yards of knit fabric (depending on your measurements)
- Matching thread
- 1” Elastic (enough to wrap around your waist)
You’ll find step by step illustrated instructions in the The Felted Fox blog
Sewing with Knits:
Sewing with knits can be tricky at the beginning, but once you learn the basics it is even easier than sewing with woven fabrics. Below are some tips:
- Cut with a Rotary Cutter.
- Use Ball Point Jersey Machine Needles
- A Serger will make your job a lot easier, but if you don’t have a serger you can use a zig zag stitch.
- Use a Stretch Twin Needles for the finishing (hem and sleeves)
I hope you enjoy sewing this nightie for your little girl.
Sewing Fashion Knits: Beyond the Basics