Notice: Undefined index: plus-sharedcount-enabled in /home/adelgad4/public_html/wp-content/plugins/simple-share-buttons-adder/php/class-buttons.php on line 670
Notice: Undefined index: bar-sharedcount-enabled in /home/adelgad4/public_html/wp-content/plugins/simple-share-buttons-adder/php/class-buttons.php on line 672
The Ellie Travel Case FREE Tutorial was published in Fabric Mutt. This case makes a perfect cosmetics or toiletries bag and doubles as a cute little purse for a night out. The final size of this bag is 7.5″ square, 4.5″ deep.
(2) 7 1/2 x 12″ cotton print for the exterior main panel
(2) 5 x 12″ linen for the exterior accent (I would use faux leather or cork)
(2) 12 x 12″ cotton print for the bag lining
(2) 12 x 12″ fusible interfacing to reinforce the lining (I would use Pellon SF101)
(2) 12 x 12″ batting to reinforce the exterior (I would use By Annie Soft & Stable or Bosal) – I would use Eva Floor Underlayment – it is cheaper and doesn’t crease as the Foam Interfacing does – give it a try!
(2) 2 1/2 x 13″ linen for the handles
(2) 2 1/2 x 13″ fusible interfacing to reinforce the handles (again, Pellon SF101)
(2) 1 1/2 x 3 1/2″ linen for zipper tabs
Nylon Metallic Zippers are great for this project. Sign up below to receive 10% OFF your first order of Nylon Metallic Zippers.
Step by step illustrated instructions are included in the Fabric Mutt Tutorial
Have fun sewing this cute bag,
Building Better Bags: Interfacing & Structure