Tanit-Isis Sews offers the Ariadne Tunic FREE Pattern, it is for a hip length tunic with a scooped gathered neckline, a keyhole back opening, flutter sleeves, and a hem band. This pattern is available as a FREE download in sizes XS-XL.
This top is also suitable for pregnant women.
1-1.5 yd of knit fabric
Below is the link to Download the Ariadne Tunic FREE Pattern Sewing Instructions
Sewing with Knits:
Sewing with knits can be tricky at the beginning, but once you learn the basics it is even easier than sewing with woven fabrics. Below are some tips:
- Cut with a Rotary Cutter.
- Use Ball Point Jersey Machine Needles
- A Serger will make your job a lot easier, but if you don’t have a serger you can use a zig zag stitch.
- Use a Stretch Twin Needles for the finishing (hem and sleeves)
If you want to learn or improve your skills sewing with knits there are a great classes at Craftsy:
- Sewing Fashion Knits Sewing Course (my favorite)
- Next-Level Knits: Techniques for Structure & Style
- Sewing Knits That Fit
This is a nice top, very easy to sew. I hope you find it useful.