The Ruby Dress Circle Skirt Constructions includes:
- Attaching the Circle Skirt to the Bodice
- Sewing and finishing the back seam
- Finishing the hemline
Step 1: Attaching the Circle Skirt
- RST (right sides together), pin the bodice to the circle skirt. Pin the skirt to the fashion fabric only (not to the lining)
- Serge or zigzag the waist seam and press towards the bodice.
This is a good time to try on the dress and make any final adjustments.
Check the length and adjust if necessary.
Step 2: Sewing the back seam on Skirt
- Serge or zigzag the back raw edges (It is easier to do now than after attaching the zipper
- RST (right sides together), pin the skirt back seam making sure the waist is aligned.
- Leave 6″ on the skirt for the zipper and stitch the seam using 5/8″ seam allowance.
- Press the back seam open
Step 3: Finishing the hemline
- Serge or zigzag the hem
Now take a picture of your dress and post it in our MHS Sewing Facebook Group.
Next, we attach the zipper.
If you are sharing pictures on Twitter or Instagram, please use hashtag #mhsrubydress. If you are not on either of those, you could always email pics to me at email@example.com.
Please check your feed, the data was entered incorrectly.