This photo tutorial illustrates how to make a tassel. Tassels are great to add a professional look to your handmade bags and they are very easy to make.
Thanks to Lisa Perea from Cork and Cloth for sponsoring this post.
Lisa has kindly offer 10% discount to buy cork fabric using code ANABELLE10 at checkout. (valid until 30 Nov 2017)
- Fabric (you can use vinyl, leather, or cork)
- Ruler and Rotary cutter
- Tassel cap (there are many styles available)
- small screw driver
- Cut a small piece of fabric 4″ wide and your desired length – In this example I used Silver Caiman Cork
2. On the Wrong side, Draw a line 1/2″ from the top
3. Cut 1/8″ strips using a ruler and rotary cutter.
4. Roll the piece of cork to form the tassel
5. Insert into a tassel cap and secure with a screw (you can also use glue)