I made this convertible bag using Black and Metallic Arrows and for the bag accents, I used Gold Glitter Vinyl and to complement the fabrics, I used touch my favorite metallic gold zipper for both zippers (pocket zipper and top zipper).
Pattern: Heidi Foldover Clutch from Swoon Patterns (FREE Pattern)
Main Fabric: Black and Metallic Arrows
Accent Fabric: Gold Glitter Vinyl
Lining Fabric: Metallic Gold Outlined Roses on White Fabric Cotton Quilting
Zipper: Gold Nylon Metallic Zipper
I made the following changes to my bag:
- To show the gold zipper, I sew the pocket zipper exposed.
- I added zipper tabs to both zippers.
- Inspired by the Waverly Bag from Stella and Dot, I made the bag convertible by adding three extra D-rings. Two of them on the top zipper tabs, and the other on the opposite side of the D-ring that the bag already has. The bag now converts from full length crossbody to fold over crossbody to a fold over clutch.
4. Since the bag converts to a full length crossbody bag, I did not attach a snap. (It doesn’t need it)
5. I also added a removable strap